Shahryar Dam is the largest concrete arch dam within the northwest of the country. It contains an adjustable 1,100 million cubic meters of water annually and Power Plant with three Francis turbines with a total power of 27 MW.
The main objectives of the construction of the dam can be defined as the following:
• Storage and organization of 1,100 million cubic meters of water
• Provide required water for 12,000 acres of agricultural lands in the area
• Production of 168 GWh of electricity per year
• Guilan agricultural and industrial water supply, flood control and create artificial floods for sediment removal in Sefidrud dam reservoir
The main employer: East Azarbayjan Regional Water Authority
Consultant: Mahab Qods Consulting Engineers
Contractor: Joint venture of Tablieh - Farab
Contractor Manager: Shahran Saze Co.
• Earth filling: 542,000 cubic meters
• Diversion tunnel excavation: 380,000 cubic meters
• Drilling and grouting: 42,200 meters
• Concreting: 394,000 cubic meters
• Concreting in dam body: 288,000 cubic meters